Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2010

My cheating at NaNo writing journal



Not so much progress today because I spent the morning at my U3A Spanish class. But this afternoon I did manage to cut up the manuscript into the sections I'd marked out yesterday and staple them before reassembling into a pile. It took a couple of hours.

Now I need to read the instruction manual I'm following, but I should be able to make progress with the actual rewrite tomorrow.

I was lucky to be able to buy a stapler at the Trafalgar Square Post Office on the way to collect the theatre tickets, so I didn't have to go to the shop today. The PO is much improved; there's a ticket machine to tell you your turn and banks of comfy seats instead of the old cattle-pen queueing system.

I'd had some discussion with Roy about closing times. The counter assistant told me 6.30pm on weekdays. 'This used to be called the 24 hour post office' I said, and she seemed horror-struck at the idea, saying it must have been in the distant past. A bystander laughed and told her, 'Well, before you were born!'

No comments:

Post a Comment